District of Topoľčany
The district, located in western Slovakia, forms the north point of Nitra Region, spreading over the Nitra hill country and flatlands in the northern reaches of the Danube Lowland. The lowland is protected from the west by the Považský Inovec and from the east by the Tríbeč range. The region is rich in springs with an abundant source of high-quality water.
The independent city of Topoľčany was first mentioned in 1173. In the 16th century, the city was captured by the Turks. An 18th century Baroque church with a priceless interior has been preserved, with an exhibition of beer brewing and leather making inside.