Multiannual financial framework
Annual EU budgets are based on the multiannual financial framework agreed between the European Parliament, Council and Commission in an interinstitutional agreement. The financial framework sets the maximum amount of commitment appropriations in the EU budget each year for broad policy areas ("headings") and fixes an overall annual ceiling on payment and commitment appropriations.
This section contains documents on the financial framework for 2007-2013
- Pre-allocation by Member State for certain EU-support 2007-2013
- Inter-Institutional Agreement (IIA) of 17 May 2006, including the multiannual financial framework 2007-2013 - Initial agreement, adjustments, amendments & reports
- Financial framework adopted by the European Council
- Financial framework proposed by the Commission
- Proposal for a Council Regulation laying down the multiannual financial framework for the years 2007-2013 and proposal for an Interinstitutional Agreement between the European Parliament, the Council and the Commission on cooperation in budgetary matters